I’d like to believe that I tell better stories through my photos than with words. These 10 photos is a little glimpse of what’s been happening in my life so far. There’s a running theme to this. But I’ll leave it up to you to guess what it is.
1. Twilight 2. Cebu at Night 3. Street Lamps 4. Starry Night 5. Caught in the Headlights 6. Reflection 7. Ceramic Flowers 8. Harris 9. Lanterns 10. A Self Portrait.
Unlike most of you people, I’m not rich, yet. So sometimes when I buy clothes, I do an age old practice that my mom passed on to me, which I have mastered quite a bit. I do ukay-ukay or thrift shopping. Fortunately, there’s a lot of these stores near my place and I found these babies.
I got this really nice Bass topsider. It’s still in very good condition. And it’s very comfy. It’s even prettier up close. I feel like it’s very “grown up” because I always saw my dad wear this when I was younger. It’s a nice departure from my chucks.
I also got this Lumberjack topsider. It looks really old, but it’s still in very good condition. I think a round of shoe polishing and cleaning will make this less scruffy.
As an avid thrift store shopper, I think I’ve managed to stock my closets chock full of great vintage and thrifted stuff that I wear in my everyday life. It can be a challenge to make a thrifted item look more modern, but I think that’s the fun part of all this. It’s really amazing how much you can get without spending so much money.
Also, in keeping with tradition, here are my 12 resolutions for 2012. Because just like before, I’m still delusional enough to believe in them. I wasn’t able to stick with my resolutions last year. But that’s not stopping me from creating and recycling resolutions for the new year.
1. Focus on my long term goals.
2. Take more and more photos this year.
3. Eat Healthy and Work Out.
4. Travel outside of the Philippines.
5. Be more friendly and make lots of new friends.
6. Quit the affectations.
7. Slow down on the materialism and keep a simple lifestyle.
8. Be a better boyfriend.
9. I need to be nicer to myself and to other people around me.
10. Spend more time with my family (i.e. vacations, trips to the beach)
11. Give More.
12. Love More.
So that’s that. I hope I can’t stick to it as much as possible. It’s better to have goals set that to go on with the year without any plans at all. The photo above is the only decent firework photo I got on New Year since I was still buzzed from all the wine and from the food coma I was nursing courtesy of my mom’s lasagna and ham. Anyway, have a prosperous 2012 everyone! I hope you can stick to your resolutions as well.
In keeping with tradition, these eleven photos are some of the highlights of my life from 2011. This year has been a year of discovery, growth, loss, forgiveness and love. These photos really mean a lot to me, so I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed compiling them. Happy 2012 Everyone!
Yes, I am still alive. It’s funny when I have to explain why I have been away. I was very busy from work that I mostly spend my mornings and afternoon asleep. For lack of a good writing skill, here is a photo essay of what I have been up to since the I’ve been away.
1. A Beautiful Rainy Morning 2. A few of my favorite Books. 3. A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein 4. Richel Reyes 5. Palm Trees 6. Eurasian Tree Sparrow (Passer montanus) 7. Scene of the Crime 8. Pretty Pastry 9. A self portrait of me wherein I am not wearing a shirt whilst I am enjoying the cold rainy day.
P.S. This might become a weekly thing now.
P.P.S. December is my birthday month. I will be accepting Birthday gifts in cash or in kind. You have at least 13 days to do that.